Wednesday, November 30, 2005

jewel fruit

until this evening i had no idea what a real pomegranate looked like. i knew what the delicious seed thingys looked like: jewels. pomegranates have this amazing quality of being both one of the ugliest fruits and one of the most beautiful. reminds me of someone i know quite well. but anyway. i decided that i had to buy one of the fruits for myself. then i realized that i had no idea what they looked like and how the whole seed situation worked. you could have told me each seed was an entire pomegranate and i might have even believed you. but now i know. becuase i've had my first real pomegranate experience. as in i saw it at the grocery store, bought it, then looked up online how to cut and eat it! yes, i'm a dork, but i just didn't know and figured my mom wouldn't either. it was nice. i love food that is a process to eat. which is wierd because i hate cooking. but give me an artichoke that takes a half hour to eat and olives that you have to really nibble on to get the pit out. so the process of digging the seeds out of all the nooks and crannies was a real pleasure for me. in one part of my head i was actually in a mideastern desert exploring dusty caves and finding rubies. that's what the seeds remind me of--rubies. they're so beautiful. i think that's why i really like this fruit. it's just so beautiful. like honest-to-god sunrise, harvest moon cloud filled sky, cardinal in winter, that kind of beautiful. definately a new favorite fruit.

ps. is there a good way to ask for casual sex?

1 Comments:

At 2:02 AM, Blogger rainy jane ran away said...

Yep. I agree. Adam is totally like that beautiful fruit/ugly fruit thing. You should really tell him that. It would blow his mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home