Sunday, September 04, 2005

ewww...gross

so i did go on the bike ride with sue and mareika (sp?). it was nice. we went to ps. 1, a moma museum in queens. it was called "greater new york", i think. the artwork was amazing, i'm not usually into modern art, but this stuff was so imaginative and beautiful. of course, some was ridiculous and i didn't get it, but most was just inspiring. at this point i think i might have to revise my views on modern art. or maybe this stuff was just outstanding. i went to the tate modern in london and i was not nearly as impressed. today, a piece of artwork literally gave me chills. it was a flowing timeline of the violence and craziness of the pat 100 years. if you follow it you end up enclosed by it. it's really hard to describe. but it raised goosebumps on my arms.

but beyond the beautiful art, i'm still feeling off. of course i'm automatically afraid i'm getting depressed again. i'm trying to convince myself that no, i'm just a little low. i hate this fear. my mom pointed out that with everything going on in new orleans it's natural to feel low. i'm still in shock about it. and i'm angry. i can't believe it's reached the points it has. when i watch the news i just think, this cannot be america. we do not abandon people to die in droves without food, water, and metal care. well, we do, just not so many. the world is insane.

tonight i didn't even make an effort to go out. i wasn't quite sure what the point might be. i'm not in the mood to be social. though it might have been better for me. i should remind myself that having my apartment to myself happens rarely and i should enjoy it. i should also remind myself that offhand comments made by people not involved in a situation should not radically alter how i see the situation. i love being obtuse. i should learn patience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home