Thursday, June 23, 2005

being home

i don't know if i've ever felt more loved. first, on monday, neel and mary-ann were sad i was leaving. not the best way to feel loved, but there nonetheless. and then sue kept her rental car an extra day and came and picked me up at the airport. mary left work early to meet me. the kids were so happy to see me they screamed my name (and i've heard a rumor julian even likes the boring tshirt i gave him and slept in it). and lee missed game 6 of some basketball finals to meet up with me. but the prize must go to my parents. they were amazing. first, they went to the grocery and bought all the foods i loved and missed. then my mom prepared my favorite dinner the day Before i got home and she made two kinds of brownies for dessert (which i've been eating for breakfast). and THEN, so that the whole family could come over for dinner the night i got home (which i didn't know they were planning), my mom and dad helped my sis and her boyfriend finish moving. so when i get home, there's an amazing dinner, A BANNER!, my bed made, the air conditioner already on in my room, just everything to make my homecoming perfect!

so just in general, my homecoming has been wonderful. it feels amazing to be back in the states. back in the familiar places with the familiar things. like i ate off the same plates i've been eating off since i was 9. and i bought grape jelly and had a peanut butter sandwhich just like i must have when i just started eating solid foods. and i'm sitting on the couch watching country music videos (one of my favorite ways to relax). and i have a week in pittsburgh to fill with family and my oldest friends. then i go back to brooklyn and get to catch up with my new old friends. life is lovely. ps. i still miss paris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home