Wednesday, June 08, 2005

laundry day

it’s one of those amazingly beautiful paris days and it's somehow made better by the fact that I’m doing something as mundane as laundry. of course the best part is that during the hour I wait for my wash I’m sitting in my favorite café, making use of their nearly free internet. it also helps that I have plans for later on, so my whole day wont’ be quite as banal as this afternoon. I really am a lazy bum here. though I woke up before noon it wasn’t until three pm that I finally made it out of my house. but hey, that’s the great thing about the end of a semester. fuck, I’ve been doing it all semester because it’s the great thing about studying abroad. with things wrapping up I’m trying to fit in those last million things, some sightseeing as well as the homework I’ve ignored all semester. here’s a halfhearted “damn” to procrastination.

so here's a story:
last night was the first time i got really pissed off at french people. like the nation as a whole (slight exaggeration here). so i am not (really) embarressed to admit that i went to a Maroon 5 concert last night. it rocked my world. but what pissed me off is that in the audience the people in the fucking seats were SITTING DOWN through the whole show. you do NOT FUCKING SIT DOWN THROUGH A ROCK SHOW! ok, maybe it's pop rock, but still. it made my friends and i so annoyed we went and danced in the pit. actually i think we were just intimidated about being the only people standing in a crowd of thousands. plus, we were in the front row and would have pissed A LOT of people off. the concert itself was awesome. i'm such a sucker for cute boys singing love songs onstage. i got to hear them play "she will be loved", which is the reason i coughed up the money for the tickets. if anyone wants a clue into my psyche, i identify with that song more than pretty much anything else. it gives me hope.

so anyway, the only other thign that's occupying my mind right now that i'm going to put here is that i'm nervous abotu tomorrow. i'm meeting with this guy i've been "friends" with here. and i say friends like that not because there's anything going on there, but just because i have no idea how we're friends since we don't share a common language. technically we should be able to communicate in french, except for the fact that i Really can't understand him when he talks ( i think it's a speech impediment). so basically we just smile and nod to each other and have other people there to carry on the "conversation" between us. sigh, seeing him stresses me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home