Wednesday, May 25, 2005

am i just begging to be mugged?

does using my computer in a public park full of bugs and homeless people mean i'm begging to be robbed? i hope not, but this old crazy lady with a stained skirt is working her way towards me. uh oh. she keeps touching people's things, but must be basically harmless. i'm hoping i'm invisible somehow. so i just had a really good visit with sue and katie (my old brooklyn roommates). uhoh, she's gonna sit next to me. ok, besides the crazy lady who's collecting bags now. and dripping ashes on my keyboard. so the visit was really good. very nice to see them in paris, good to show them my life here. though it has made me miss my new york life a lot. i miss my friends there now more than i have yet. i guess i'm lucky it's hitting now, a month before i leave. that, in and of itself, is odd. less than four weeks in paris. that thought is overwhelming and very, very sad. though life has been far from perfect here and i've dealt with some very difficult stuff, i have had a very wonderful life. a life i have loved a tremendous amount. i've been pretty stress free, which is nice for once. nothing like new york. it's been a good break. it's made me excited about studying, mainly because i desperately miss having things like a library in which i can actually do research and professors that encourage discussion and other students actually willing to discuss. basically, i hate the french education system and can't wait to get back to the relative rigors of pace. how odd to consider pace difficult, or course it's only relative. right now it's nice because there are three french guys talking and laughing next to me and i'm not trying to translate what they're saying, i'm just enjoying the music of their language and their laughter. and a tourist just offered a french girl bandaids because her pretty shoes were hurting her. i love seeing these little things which make humanity seem worth continuing on for. that's a horrible sentence structure, but oh well. the tourist's daughter has just noticed that some of the paving stones have the footprints and handprints of children in them and she's playing hopscotch. she's my age, which makes that cooler. i'm so happy today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home