Sunday, February 20, 2005

not really much to say

but i'm at mcdonald's and so i figure i should write something. so what story shall i tell? hmmm...i guess i'll write about making cookies. so the one food that i really was dissappointed to discover that the french don't have is peanut butter. so i decided that since my parents were sending me a package anyway i should ask for some jif peanut butter. my dad, being the forethinking man that he is, decided to also send me the rest of the ingredients to make NoBake cookies, my family's absolute favorite. As everything in France is, making those cookies was an adventure. First i realized that i don't have room in my apartment, so i had to ask a friend for permission to use her kitchen (she practically, no, she begged me to do so). then i realized that i didn't have measuring cups. so i started looking around for those and of course coudln't find any. so then i had to borrow some. so anyway, i finally got all the ingredients, tools and myself to katie's house to make the cookies. now making the cookies is old hat for me. i could make those cookies in my sleep. but this batch of cookies deserves a special note because of the reaction of my friends to them. now when i ate my first cookie i was instantly transplanted back into the loving bosom of my family. i felt all safe and warm and childlike. this was to be expected. but i was surprised when each of my friends took a bite and an expression of warmth passed over thier faces too. but the best moment was when erin walked into the kitchen and literally squealled. she was surprised to see, as she called them, "idiot cookies". which happen to be a favorite of her family's too. as she ate the cookie i swear i saw a tear in her eye. she agreed with me that one of those cookies epitomized home to us. it was nice (to be corny) to give something to my friends which made them so happy. i felt like santa claus. :-) so thanks, daddy, the package was greatly appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home