Monday, February 14, 2005

on being up

somebody recently said that i'm up and down a lot emotionally. while i'm avoiding really considering if this is true, i must say that today has been an up day. actually most of this weekend was really nice. and it's particularly surprising that i'm happy today seeing as how it's another valentine's day i will spend alone. though it is much easier to ignore the holiday here than in the states. the only places that pay attention to it here are florists, so the biggest reminder are these beautiful arrangements of roses in the shape of hearts in all the florists' windows. not a painful reminder. but it is yet another valentines day alone, something that would normally bother me. but i have an excuse now, so i'm not upset. also since my friend katie and i are gonna get drunk tonight to "celebrate" (more like mourn, let's call it a wake for our love lives). so this weekend was good because i was very social. went out each night, which was nice. had very relaxing times. i'm really focusing on making friends, something which i havent' paid enough attention too yet. i met a british girl today because our french class was cancelled and she suggested getting coffee. it was cool because she's the first non-american i've really hung out with on my own. invited her out with us tomorrow. if i go out tomorrow it will be the fifth day in a row i've gone out drinking. but i haven't gotten wasted any, so it's all about being social, which is good. another thing that upped my spirits was that i talked to my roommate katie (from new york) yesterday for a good fifteen or twenty minutes. it was nice to talk to someone from back home who wasn't my parents (it's nice to talk to them, but just not the same as talking to someone from new york).

so, in usual lindsey style, i've already gone on one date since i've been here. i met him in a bar and we went for a drink last thursday. it was fun. he was nice and smart and very attractive. he's actually iranian and british, which is definately a first for me. at the end of the date we said we'd see each other sunday. then he calls friday morning and says that he had fun with me but doesn't feel like dating right now. i swear i almost swooned. it was amazing and beautiful. i could adore him just for dumping me properly. i was amazed by his ability to just call me up and tell me he didn't want to date. and i have always been right. it was much easier to deal with that then if he just hadn't called when he said he would. i've always said that i could deal with a guy just flat out saying he didn't want to date me, it's the not-knowing that gets me. and it turns out that i was completely right. too bad he's so perfect for me when he was just dumping me. oh well, at least i know that guys like him exist. (ok, the couple making out next to me--i'm in mcdonald's--is not the thing i need to forget it's valentine's day.) so this week was supposed to be my first full week of classes, except my french class today was cancelled. so it seems i'll have my first full week next week. i just rememberd that i drank last thursday too. wow, i sound like a real college student. ok, this post is really long. i'll be sending my valentine's love from paris. ps. happy birthday josh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home