Thursday, January 06, 2005

on getting my wisdom teeth out

tuesday afternoon i had my three wisdom teeth out. why i only had three to begin with is a mystery, but one i'm probably thankful for. i decided to get my teeth out because this happened to be a pretty convenient time. what a weird way to decide. i'm thinking now i should have waited until they made me. not that the experience has been awful. actually, it hasn't been bad at all. minimal pain, maximum percoset, so everything has been fine.

except for my face.

looking in my mirror now i don't recognize myself at all. i usually have a problem with facial recognition, but right now it's truly disturbing. my left cheek looks like i have had a golfball surgically inserted in my jaw. i look like a cartoon. like the large-chinned evil villian. it's really freaking me out. i have this horrible fear that it's just not gonna go down. that i'm going to look like this forever. i know that's not gonna happen, but if it does, i'm suing. i look like crap. but at least right now i have sleeping pills and percoset to numb the pain of looking in the mirror. one of each i just took, so i should probably stop writing before i start saying things i'll regret in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home